They say that the first step is admitting that you have a problem, so here goes.
My name is Genevieve, and I’m a Starbucks addict.
I wasn’t always this way. There was a time when I would roll my eyes at people who would patiently stand in line multiple times a day to order drinks with names like “Grande No-Whip Java Chip Frappuccino” (that’s basically coffee, some ice and a bag of cookies thrown into a blender).
I’m not that bad; my standing order is a Tall Vanilla Soy Latte.
But, it’s no secret that I love Starbucks. Having a bad day? Go to Starbucks. Coffee addict? Go to Starbucks. It’s 2pm? Go to Starbucks. I go there so frequently I have a gold card.
But if you plan on downloading the pay by phone Starbucks app you better check in to your local SA (Starbucks Anonymous) immediately.
There are a handful of signs below that prove you are an addict.
- The Barista knows your drink.
- You bring your laptop to Starbucks and pretend you actually have work to do.
- You'll wait in a 20 minute line to order a tall drip.
- The Barista knows your name.
- You downloaded an app specifically to make your Starbucks experience more personal.
- You know every Starbucks location within a 20 mile radius of your home.
- You visit multiple Starbucks during the week for no other reason, but to switch it up.
- You tweet about your Starbucks addiction.
- Your Instagram feed contains multiple pictures of a Starbucks coffee and your feet.
It’s a problem, but I’m not interested in disassociating myself just yet.